Design & Innovation Management
Supporting public and private organizations for their design-driven innovation processes
What do we mean by design?
A process to identify, frame and address problems and that generally harnesses divergent and convergent thinking through a series of tools, methods, techniques and activities such as user research, user participation and testing, rapid and frequent prototyping and iterative development.
Logic Moon is an agile unit, headquartered in Malmö (Sweden), but which also operates across Europe, the US and the Middle East.
The management is composed of senior partners, with extensive experience with key industry players (such as Sony, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Nintendo, Dior, Mercedes, Telecom Italia, Chrysler, Johnson & Johnson), government institutions (such as the European Commission and the Government of Singapore) and research centers (Harvard, MIT, Aalborg University).
At present, Luca Simeone (bio here) is acting as managing partner.
Logic Moon maintains an investment portfolio supporting companies operating in areas such as renewable energies, food, micro- and crowd-finance and forestry.
Logic Moon strives to be a carbon-neutral company and reinvests its profits into forestry management projects and preservation and restoration of natural environments.
Areas of intervention
We can help design agencies or other design-driven companies (e.g. companies with an internal design team) by:
- Mentoring design teams and increasing their creative and technical potential – also through part-time engagements as (interaction or service) design lead
- Improving project management processes as a mentor and part-time project lead
- Supporting executives in implementing organizational processes that maximize efficiency, effectiveness and creativity and in dealing with economic and financial aspects of design projects
- Acting as an external critic for pitches or complex design projects
We can help private and public organizations interested in innovation projects by:
- Writing grant applications
- Producing or coordinating the production of design- or innovation-related reports (e.g., technical reports, functional, technical or creative requirements, feasibility studies, exploitation and dissemination plans, market and foresight studies, business plans and, in general, deliverables tied to user experience, interaction or service design)
- Supporting executives in the coordination of organizational processes behind innovation projects (e.g., defining organizational strategies and setting up suitable organizational structures and processes)
- Helping HR departments in evaluating candidates for design-related positions
- (Mostly for public organizations): consulting on how to set up policies and funding schemes to support innovation
Logic Moon has worked for Clients operating in various segments and different markets. Among the key players supported by Logic Moon in the past 20 years: Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Sony, Dior, Mercedes, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, the Government of Singapore, Telecom Italia, Nintendo, MTV Italia, MTV Asia, Playstation, United International Pictures, Turner, Ariston, Heineken, McDonald’s, Ferrero, Bank Intesa Sanpaolo, Abbott, Elena Mirò, Motivi, La Perla, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Renault, Toyota, Volkswagen, FIAT, Chrysler, Daihatsu, Luxottica, Alcantara, Febal, Champion, Italian Prime Minister, Air Europe, Autostrade Italiane, CTS, Aeroporti di Roma, Falc, Naturino, ENEL, Qatar Telecom, IBSA.
How to hire Logic Moon
Typically, Clients hire Logic Moon for short sprints (a few days or weeks) or establish long-term agreements for a certain number of hours per week. Consulting activity can be carried out face-to-face or remotely. Design areas in which Logic Moon has direct experience are: strategic design, design management, service design, interaction design, visual design, branding, data visualization, user research and testing. For more information, get in touch with Luca Simeone at email@example.com.